World

Houthi attack kills five people, injures 17 others in Yemen

September 26, 2021
Minister of Information, Culture and Tourism Muammar Al-Eryani confirmed early Sunday that five people were killed and 17 others wounded by a ballistic missile launched by the Houthi militia.
Minister of Information, Culture and Tourism Muammar Al-Eryani confirmed early Sunday that five people were killed and 17 others wounded by a ballistic missile launched by the Houthi militia.

ADEN/RIYADH — Five people were killed and 17 others wounded, including three journalists, by a ballistic missile launched by the Houthi militia targeting a celebration event in the city of Midi in Hajjah Governorate, northwest of Yemen, Minister of Information, Culture and Tourism Muammar Al-Eryani confirmed early Sunday.

In a press statement, Al-Eryani strongly condemned the terrorist attack that occurred Saturday evening targeting the celebration of the 59th anniversary of the September 26, 1962 revolution, which was attended by the Governor of Hajjah Maj. Gen. AbdulKarim Al-Senini.

The attack was considered a war crime and a flagrant violation of international laws, he said. He urged the international community to condemn the repeated Houthi attacks on civilians, and to bring those responsible to justice.

Om Saturday, the Arab coalition forces said that they had destroyed a ballistic missile launched by the Houthis toward Saudi Arabia’s southwestern city of Najran.

The Coalition also said that it had destroyed a military site in Yemen’s Al-Jouf governorate used by the Houthi militia to launch booby-trapped drones. The operation targeted a launch pad, drones, support vehicles and operators.

Earlier on Saturday, the coalition intercepted two bomb-laden drones that were launched by the militia.

The Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Secretary General Dr. Yousef bin Ahmed Al-Othaimeen, expressed in a statement Saturday his strong condemnation and denunciation of Houthi terrorist militia targeting innocent civilians in the city of Najran in the Kingdom with a ballistic missile, as the Saudi air defenses were able to intercept and destroy it before hitting its target.

He stressed that the organization condemns the terrorist practices being committed by Houthi militia and those who stand behind it and provide it with money and weapons, by targeting innocent civilians and civilian objects.

Dr. Al-Othaimeen reiterated OIC's support for all measures to be taken by the Kingdom to maintain its security, stability, and the safety of citizens and residents on its territories.

In Manama, the kingdom of Bahrain too condemned the terrorist Houthi militia’s launch of two bomb-laden drones towards the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in a cowardly terrorist attack that targets the lives of innocent people, civilian facilities, and the security and stability of the Kingdom’s territories.

In a statement, the Bahraini Ministry of Foreign Affairs affirmed Bahrain's solidarity with Saudi Arabia in supporting all the measures it takes to maintain its security and stability, praising the vigilance and efficiency of the Saudi air defense forces, in intercepting and destroying the two bomb-laden drones successfully.

Bahraini Ministry of Foreign Affairs stressed the importance of the international community taking deterrent measures against the Houthi militia to stop its criminal acts, which violate international humanitarian law and threaten security and stability in the region. — SPA


September 26, 2021
1120 views
HIGHLIGHTS
World
5 hours ago

Ethiopia: UN forced to abort humanitarian aid flight into Tigray

World
5 hours ago

EU: UN-led multilateralism contributes to global peace

World
5 hours ago

Spain promises millions more in aid to La Palma after volcanic eruption

X