World

Kuwait confirms 692 new coronavirus cases, 3 deaths

May 28, 2020
The latest cases include 17 Kuwaiti citizens, 165 residents from India, 95 from Egypt and 94 from Bangladesh, among other nationalities. — Courtesy photo
The latest cases include 17 Kuwaiti citizens, 165 residents from India, 95 from Egypt and 94 from Bangladesh, among other nationalities. — Courtesy photo

Saudi Gazette report

KUWAIT CITY — Kuwait on Wednesday announced 692 new coronavirus cases, raising the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 23,267, the country’s Ministry of Health said in a statement carried by Kuwait News Agency.

Meanwhile, ministry’s spokesman Abdullah Al-Sanad during a daily press briefing said that three more patients have died from the virus in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of fatalities in the country to 175.

The latest cases include 17 Kuwaiti citizens, 165 residents from India, 95 from Egypt and 94 from Bangladesh, among other nationalities, the spokesman added.

Some 15,146 patients are still receiving medical treatment, of whom 193 infected people are in intensive care units, according to the spokesman.

In addition, medical teams conducted a total of 2,738 swab tests for the virus, raising the overall number of tests so far to 278,945, the spokesman noted.

Earlier in the day, Kuwaiti Health Minister Basel Al-Sabah announced the recovery of 640 new coronavirus patients, bringing the total number of recoveries in the country to 7,946.


May 28, 2020
70 views
HIGHLIGHTS
World
9 hours ago

Biden’s first meeting with Crown Prince likely in June — CNN

World
14 hours ago

Ukraine slams 'second-class treatment' after Scholz dashes hopes of quick EU entry

World
14 hours ago

Jordan's King restricts Prince Hamza's communications, residency, movements