SAUDI ARABIA

Saudi Arabia’s fight against graft succeeds; Arabs want to replicate it

January 28, 2019

RIYADH — While the Kingdom draws closer to ending its first round of war against corruption, which began on Nov. 4, 2017, sources told Reuters at least eight people held as part of the corruption crackdown were released last week.

A Saudi businessman was released after being detained for more than 14 months, Reuters added, indicating his agreement with the authorities on issues related to corruption.

The Kingdom has succeeded in battling corruption and gives strong indications of Riyadh’s seriousness on its war against corruption. The public prosecutor said last year that detainees who refused to settle with the government would be put on trial.

Some of those detained at the Ritz were released after agreeing on settlement deals with the Saudi authorities.

The official war on corruption led by Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Salman under the guidance of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques has resonated widely in the Middle East.

Arab citizens have even demanded to copy the “Saudi experience” in their countries. — SG


January 28, 2019
790 views
HIGHLIGHTS
SAUDI ARABIA
3 hours ago

Traffic Police prevent non-authorized vehicles from entering Makkah and holy sites

SAUDI ARABIA
9 hours ago

Prince Abdulaziz monitors readiness of Hajj security forces

SAUDI ARABIA
10 hours ago

Dr. Al-Ghamdi welcomes Luxembourg as a new member of the Troika