Marib, Yemen — A US drone strike killed two suspected members of Al-Qaeda east of the Yemeni capital during the night, a local official said on Tuesday. “Two members of Al-Qaeda were killed when a missile from a US drone hit their vehicle” on the outskirts of the city of Marib, the official said. Marib province has seen fierce fighting in recent weeks as forces loyal to Yemen’s exiled president press an offensive against Shiite rebels. Washington has waged a longstanding drone war against Al-Qaeda’s Yemen-based branch which it regards as the network’s most dangerous. Al-Qaeda said in June that its leader in Yemen, Nasir Al-Wuhayshi, had been killed by a US drone. — AFP