RIYADH — The Ministry of Health said on Friday another man has died from Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV), bringing to 43 the number of deaths caused by the new SARS-like respiratory virus in the Kingdom.
It said the man who died on Friday was also suffering from kidney failure and had been in the intensive care unit of a hospital in Madinah for several days.
The World Health Organization said on Wednesday eight more people in Saudi Arabia have contracted the virus, bringing the number of confirmed infections worldwide in the past year to 102, of whom almost half have died. Two of the men from Riyadh, who were already suffering from chronic diseases, died, while most of the other victims remain in intensive care, it said. — SG