Zain Al-Abideen Khalid
MADINAH — A Pakistani worker died and another fainted inside the water tank of a hotel under construction near the Prophet’s Mosque in Madinah after they inhaled carbon monoxide gas emitted by suction pump. A member of the Civil Defense team was hurt during the rescue operation when he fell inside the tank.
Col. Khalid Al-Juhani, spokesman for Madinah Civil Defense, said the two Pakistanis were working in the water tank. Rescue personnel and an ambulance were dispatched immediately to the scene.
Sgt. Fahd Al-Husseini sustained injuries all over his body when he fell into the tank during his attempt to rescue the workers, Col. Al-Juhani said. “He, however, saved the life of one of the workers who fainted inside after inhaling the poisonous gas.”
Co. Ali Al-Otaibi, Director of Civil Defense in Madinah, visited Sgt. Al-Husseini at the hospital to check on his health condition.