1. He is the one God, Who has no partner.
2. Nothing is like Him. He is the Creator, not created, nor a part of His creation.
3. He is All-Powerful, absolutely Just.
4. There is no other entity in the entire universe worthy of worship besides Him.
5. He is First, Last, and Everlasting.
6. He is the All-Knowing, and All-Merciful, the Supreme, the Sovereign.
7. It is only He Who is capable of granting life to anything.
8. He sent His Messengers (peace be upon them) to guide all of mankind.
9. He sent Muhammad (peace be upon him) as the last Prophet and Messenger for all mankind.
10. His revealed the Qur’an – the only remaining authentic divine book in the world that has been kept without change.
11. Absolutely nothing is hidden from Him. He knows what is in our hearts.
Some basic guidelines Muslims follow in their knowledge of God:
1. Eliminate any anthropomorphism (human qualities) from their conception of Allah. His attributes are not like human attributes. His names and attributes suit His Majesty.
2. Have unwavering faith in exactly what Allah and Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) described Allah to be, no more, no less.
3. Believe totally in all the names and attributes of Allah; one cannot believe in some and disbelieve the others.
4. Similarity in names (or meanings) does not imply similarity in what is being described (referents). As a robotics arm differs from a human arm, so the “Hand” of Allah is nothing like a human hand, His speech is nothing like human speech, etc. – SG